Literacy theory as practice : connecting theory and instruction in K-12 classrooms / Lara J. Handsfield ; foreword by Annemarie Sullivan Palincsar.
New York :
Teachers College Press,
|Series:||Language and literacy series (New York, N.Y.)
Table of Contents:
- Correspondence theories
- Coherence theories, take 1: cognitive constructivism
- Coherence theories, take 2: social constructivism
- Coherence to incoherence: social constructivist theories
- Cracking the code: skills instruction and developing concepts of literacy
- Constructing meaning with texts
- Literature discussion, response, and critique
- Writing and writing development: authoring texts, authoring lives
- Disciplinary literacies in the content areas
- Teacher inquiry and praxis.